Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Apple Macbooks

Apple have launched there new series of laptops boasting
all new special features, i.e. upgraded NVIDIA GeForce graphic cards on their 13 inch macbooks to 9400 M GTand 15 inch macbook pro. However on the 17-inch Macbook pro model they've kept the original 8600M GT card. They've designed the 15 inch macbook pro to look the same as the 13th inch macbook. Why? The 17 inch macbook pro is the only model to maintain it's original look. Although Apple have some nice new features such as the multi-track touchpad which has no button because it acts as a button itself. I still don't like the look of the new machines. The sleek look of the pure aluminum was much nicer to my eyes!


It makes me think do computers/ mp3 players change their designs all too soon
to keep up with "fashion"?

Here's the old 15inch model :



Here's the new one:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Design change are always a bit strange in the beginning. Was the same with the imac with the black frame....when it ame out i found it very strange....a few weeks later i had one on my desk hehe.

Personally I find the one piece alumunium body pretty cool....always thought that the old macbook pro was not very stable when you grab it on the side....but I am of the same opinion as you: The 'old' macbook pro simply looks great... simple... timeless. Why change that?

Ruairi said...

I agree too!

When I saw the photos/video of the new MacBook line i was at first drooling...but, now, i think the same, the old MacBook Pro's (ie the one I have :) ) look much nicer.

Stephane is write though...the MacBook Pro does feel a bit flimsy, like it would fold in half!

Im now happy with not having a new MacBook Pro....for now....