Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ah, Memories!

Yesterdays internet authoring class brought me back to the good ol days! searching on altavista and chatting on ICQ! I too had one of those cringeworthy homepages Ruairi was talking about!not as bad as Homer Simpson mind you! ^_^ It was an account I had with angelfire.com(same idea as geocities) an account i thought had long since deceased as it always showed up as a broken link anytime I checked if it was still there. Alas! During the week I found a search engine that retrieves old websites, I put my old link in and low and behold there I was sitting infront of a webpage I created over 10 years ago, Madness! :) If you look at how websites have developed over the past few years it's astounding! e.g. daft.ie - there page in 1999 or apple's page in 1997

Try it out for yourselves!

Internet Archive - Wayback Machine

1 comment:

〰Floating〰° said...

Yes, you are right. There is huge differences! We are getting old... :(