Monday, November 10, 2008

FedEx Logo

In my Research Methods Assignment I chose how typography effects the success of advertising. An interesting logo I came across while researching was the FedEx one. Here's what logo blog have to say about it : "Behind the FedEx logo’s simplicity, lays an arrow located in the negative space between the ‘E’ and ‘X’ pointing rightwards. While the arrow in the FedEx logo becomes quite obvious when pointed out, it sure is neglected by many. This arrow in the FedEx logo has been used as a form of subliminal advertising of the brand, symbolizing forward movement and thinking."



The FedEx logo has won many distinctive awards and is often regarded as the best creative design ever.

2 comments:

Niall Gillespie said...

Thats mad I never noticed that arrow before! I like the logo even more now :)

Debbie said...

Never noticed it either! It's very subtle! :)